Business Application are the computer software that are built to run on workstation or server that allow end users to access and mainapulate the date within your corporate IT environment , These software usualy can be customiezd to your needs to help your business to improve productivity. Because there are so many business applications to choose from, an experienced IT consulting firm like All Covered can help you identify which programs will best meet your corporate IT needs
Web based applications allows your business to access it with any web browser not depending on what Operatin System you have.Otherwise you need to choose your platform depends on your Operation System .
Businesses rely on various applications to make their employees and customers productive. Hence application performance issues can impact the business by causing decline in customer satisfaction, reduction in employee productivity and may even affect brand reputation. It is hence essential for the IT Team to deliver applications that meet end user satisfaction.
Business applications can be broken down into two major categories: server and workstation. While server applications are not directly used by end users, they can significantly influence the ease of access to services offered by business servers, and ultimately, they are very important to your company's overall productivity. Workstation applications are equally important and need to be chosen with consideration for their functionality and ease of use. Both categories of applications can be hosted on individual machines (i.e. server or workstation), virtualized on servers, or be delivered from the web as SaaS (software as a service).
Servern Based Applications:
Server Applications distribute data and services to your company's end users and do most of the heavy lifting when it comes to data crunching. Server applications also enable your users to centrally store and dynamically share client data, documents, database information, etc. Many IT outsourcing providers agree that four of the most popular server-level business applications are as follows:
• Microsoft Dynamics CRM is an enterprise server application that will help your corporation manage clients and sales prospects while giving users access to project management tools and other useful features.
• Microsoft Exchange With Exchange, users can access their mailboxes from wherever they go, with full support for Outlook, a premium web browser experience, and access from a wide range of mobile devices..
• Micorosft SharePoint is a customizable collaboration platform that makes it easy for your business' staff to work together, manage documents, and share date with other users, partners, and vendors.
• My-SQL / MS SQL : It is a software product whose primary function is to store and retrieve data as requested by other software applications, be it those on the same computer or those running on another computer across a network (including the Internet)..
• Filemaker Server / Workstation FileMaker Pro is powerful, easy-to-use database software that helps you and your team get any task done faster. Millions of people in business, government, and education use FileMaker Pro to effortlessly manage all their information on Windows, Mac, and the web.
Workstation Based Applications:
Workstation applications are the primary applications that your end-users will use on a daily basis. IT companies suggest that the best workstation applications should be intuitive, user friendly workstation applications that will help your users get their jobs done more efficiently. The most popular workstation applications focus on the following areas:
• Locally installed productivity applications are end user applications that can be installed on individual workstations or virtualized on a local server. Popular workstation software selections include word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation applications, IT services providers recommend that you consider the following applications:
Microsoft Office is the most popular of all productivity suites and offers database, spreadsheet, word processor, and presentation applications bundled together with other useful applications.
FilemakerFileMaker Pro is powerful, easy-to-use database software that helps you and your team get any task done faster. Millions of people in business, government, and education use FileMaker Pro to effortlessly manage all their information on Windows, Mac, and the web.
• Specialized applications such as financial programs or industry specific programs like AutoCAD will help your company's end users efficiently complete tasks that could take hours, if not days, to complete by hand.
• Web-based applications offer some of the preferred productivity and specialized applications that users need, but instead of being installed locally, are hosted offsite and delivered through a secure web-portal.