Edmonton Business Server, File sharing server, The Best Server for your business - Edmonton - Alberta
Appropriate IT environment with a reliable storage solution
As the data value and volume of business data continue to rise, corporations need high-performance storage solutions which are secure, reliable, and easy to manage. The LinxNAS, which serves as both IP-SAN (iSCSI) and NAS, can be easily utilized in different business and enterprise applications such as backup center, disaster recovery, file sharing, virtualization, and video storage.
Chat with an Expert Solutions Engineer now or call us at 1-888-238-7732 for a free consultation.
|LinxNAS Office||LinxNAS Storage|
|All in one server :
One single server to manage all your network services. Made to serve small / medium business Share your files , Backup your important data, grant remote access to your data and keep everything secured.
|NAS (Network-Attached Storage) :
supports high storage capacities and integrates file systems and volume management. Can act as a standalone or as an additional to LinxNAS Office
|Office Server for file sharing and storage||Office Server for file sharing and storage|
|Web Server||Web Server|
|FTP / TFTP Server||FTP / TFTP Server|
|Mail Server||Disk encryption|
|DNS Server , NTP Server , DHCP Server||Software RAID 0,1,5 and mix (1+0,1+1, etc…)|
|VPN Server||Rolling Back a ZFS Snapshot|
|Backup Server||Backup Server|
|Gateway and Firewall for protection||Gateway and Firewall for protection|
|Web Interface for easy management||Web Interface for easy management|
|PC / MAC / Linux / IOS / Android||iSCSI (initiator and target) /PC / MAC / Linux / IOS / Android|
|Filesystems: Ext2/3/4, FAT, NTFS||Filesystems: ZFS v28, UFS, Ext2/3, FAT, NTFS|
Unlimited Users Access
No Licensing fee
Choosing the right option will significantly enhance business productivity and crucially offer a reliable disaster recovery solution in an age when downtime of any nature impacts profitability.
In a file sharing environment, a large number of users can access a program as though it were on their local machines, when actually the program resides on a single file server. This is a great benefit to small workstations, where disk space is at a premium. A user can have access to a much larger program repertoire than could fit on a private disk. By having a resource reside physically on a single server, then distributed throughout the network, you can greatly simplify administration.
• First, you reduce the number of copies of various programs that need to be maintained on the network.
• Second, you reduce the problems involved in performing backups for a number of machines dispersed over a wide geographical area.
By keeping files in a single location, this task becomes comparable to backing up a single machine. Centralizing files on a few file servers not only simplifies administration, it helps maintain consistency of shared data files. When changes are made to a shared file, they become available to all users immediately.
How much time do you spend trying to track down documents that move around the office from employee to employee without anyone keeping track? A more efficient idea: storing your vital data in a central shared space where all workers can access it whenever necessary
Security and Permissions
The network administrator of a server-based network can control access to critical and private files on a person-by-person basis, and with the file permission and policy the entire organization can be guarded from intrusions and attacks. The end result: a more buttoned-up organization where security and permissioin concerns needn’t preoccupy you constantly.
The Advantages of Owning Your Own Mail Server
• Privacy Worrying about personal information or messages being read by someone outside the company isn’t necessary when a business controls its own mail server. The information is stored and protected by the owner of the mail server.
• Users can be added immediatelyIt isn’t necessary to wait until someone else gets around to adding new users. Since the mail server is owned by the company wishing to add new users to the system, this alteration can be made right away. Name changes can be made and even aliases can be added to existing users without the wait.
• Mailbox charges are avoided, the owner of the mail server doesn’t have to pay anyone else for mailbox usage. Even though the cost some ISPs charge is minimal, it’s an amount of money saved in the long run.
• Mail is faster Not only is the mail delivered quickly throughout the company, but any mail coming in is received immediately. When a company doesn’t have its own mail server.
How can using a VPN benefit your company?
VPN offices around the country! What if your company’s main office is located in Toronto, while your branch offices are located in Edmonton, Calgary, and Ottawa? While each branch has its own separate network, there aren’t many realistic ways to directly connect each office unless fiber was run between the locations. This would be very expensive.
With a VPN, however, each network can connect to the main office’s network and then to the other branch offices. All that’s needed is an Internet connection, a VPN server for each location, and an IP address to authenticate to. One of the greatest benefits a VPN offers is to individuals who travel extensively. These individuals need frequent access to the company network for file sharing, checking e-mail, or other tasks that depend on connectivity. With a laptop, VPN, and global ISP, these road warriors can connect to the company network from anywhere there’s a internet line.